Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Interview on Shawna Pitchford from Southern Sweetheart Cosmetics

Just a small town girl with big dreams!
 
 
What age were you when you started wearing makeup? I started wearing make up around 14. I just did basics though. Lol. Started really working with color, blending, etc when I was about 20. I am now 26

If you had to pick one indie company to recommend besides your own, which would it be? Dark Heart Designs … hands down. The customer service is amazing & I have sampled all of her colors. The payoff is awesome. The pigmentation is excellent, they are super light so you don’t feel as if you just put on 20 pounds from your make up.

What is your favorite eyeliner? I love the Stila Smudge Pot from Ulta.

How did your business get started? Honestly I bought the stuff to make eye shadows for myself. Then a friend of mine wanted them & from there Southern Sweetheart Cosmetics was born.

How does makeup affect your life positively? I have found that even if I am having a crummy day if my make up looks good then I feel good about myself. So it helps with my self esteem a lot.

Which celebrity do you most relate your makeup style with? I would have to say Hayley Williams from Paramore. I love how she uses bright colors and isn’t afraid of what people will say.

If you were stranded on a desert island and only had three makeup products with you, what would they be? Cover Girl Perfect Blend eyeliner in Basic Black, Maybelline The Colossal Volum’ Express in black, And probably chapstick. Im a basics kinda girl.

Do you have freckles? If so do you cover them up or let them shine through? Yes I do & I embrace my freckles proudly!

What is your go to foundation? Honestly I do not wear foundation or concealer. It makes my face feel funny.

Lipstick or Lipgloss? I am more of a chapstick kinda girl.

What is your biggest pet peeve in the makeup community? Where do I begin? The cattiness that goes on during contests, the way people complain if they don’t win, the backstabbing that goes on between fellow make up artists & even between owners of Indie companies.

Where do you see your business going in the future? I hope to one day be on the shelves of places like Ulta, being used by Make Up Artists around the globe. Etc but honestly I am happy with the way my business is now as well.

What is your most frequently bought makeup product? Sadly enough its my eyeliner. I wear it even if I don’t go all out & apply color to my lid. Haha.

Do you prefer colorful shadows or neutral ones? I absolutely love bold make up looks so I would have to go with colorful. However there is a time & place where you need to just tone it down & do the natural thing

Do you like drugstore makeup? Heck yes! Lol I don’t really buy much of it anymore since I make my own now but I used to buy one of everything. I had a serious make up problem.

What is your favorite brand of drugstore makeup? I would say my favorite would be Cover Girl.

What brand of makeup brushes do you use most? I have Essence brushes from Ulta. They aren’t really expensive & they work great!

How old are you? I am now 26 years old

Whats your favorite color? Teal or Pink… Mostly Teal

What is makeup to you? To me make up is an art. You can express so much with it. Your moods, individuality, you can even set trends using make up.




or Shawna's Beauty page at: https://www.facebook.com/LikeABossBeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment